Saturday, December 31, 2011

In Which I Define A Native Inspired Diet



I am Native American- I am going to eat like it, because that keeps me the healthiest.

Fat does not make you fat, starches and refined sugars and fructose/glucose/dextrose etc. make you fat. Especially if you're sedentary.

I have a lot of recipes marked on Pinterest that are "Paleo". Paleo diet posits that cavemen ate lots of meat, that lots of grains aren't good for you, and that fruits, veggies, nuts and meat are the best diet.

I don't think this is entirely healthy. I am Native American, and I know what my ancestors ate in order to be healthy. They had a LOT of seed grains, no refined sugars, tons of fruits and greens and vegetables, and lots and lots of lean meats. I intend to eat like this.

So for recipes, I'm going to get Paleo and Vegan recipes and use them in my diet.
I get a cheat day per week to eat things like Panda Express, and I will be basing my diet in vegetables and fruits, with multigrains and seed grains, and then lean meats. "Paleo" doesn't allow dairy, and my own constitution doesn't technically either, but I love cheese, and butter is half decent for you, actually, in MODERATION.

MODERATION is key to everything in diet, as well as eating no more processed crap, eating things that are genuinely FOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment