Thursday, December 1, 2011

In Which I am STILL Sick. AGAIN. Send Help Plz.

SO I did my week or so of medical rest, and then a week sort of recovering from that and prepping for Thanksgiving, and then the day after Thanksgiving I let myself get waaaay too much exposure to freezing dusty desert air. No, really, literally freezing. I have not been that cold in a very, very long time. A few years at least. As could be easily expected, that night I felt quite dead and I woke up with sinus problems that turned into a full blown infection.

So here it is about a week later and I still can't breathe properly. I've spent all this time in bed, again, with a brief respite on Saturday when I thought I was starting to recover, and I got out of bed for a bit longer than an hour at a time and was able to talk with friends and sculpt a little and even ordered Pizza.

I am concerned that all the health I gained over the summer will have atrophied right off me after spending an entire month in bed. Lots of other people have worse conditions than me, and maybe if it were worse I could accept it more gracefully because it'd feel, I dunno more real? This is like a lousy false half sickness that will not loose its grip, and I am running out of things to do while sick in bed.

I also feel like a loser for whining and needing so much help. I am not able to get out of bed and perform any task more complex than make cocoa or heat food in a microwave. I certainly cannot drive a car right now.
So for a bit there things got kind of desperate because I ran out of groceries and out of laundry and out of room in the bin to put my trash, and my dog was just not getting enough exercise. My friends work and my family are busy.
Luckily I was able to get help- My parents came at night and walked my puppeh, my wonderful friends came over Saturday and helped me with dishes and trash and they brought me bread and milk, and today my lovely Mother came, walked my dog and brought me clean laundry and cough drops.

Now If I could just get some sleep instead of trying to hack up my lungs...
I don't want pneumonia, I've had it once and it's exactly like another month or two of this...

1 comment: