Monday, January 24, 2011

In Which I Prepare for Changes.

I will be leaving my Castle in the wood, and the village of Saint Elijah, where I have dwelt these last long years. This makes me reflective. I am going far, far to the North, to live at the foot of the Broken Mountains. This is going to be a big change, and as I look around at the walls of my Castle already bare, everything being packed up, I can't help but wonder if I'll ever return. The future is uncertain now.
Will I come back here? Will I ever play with my dog on the hill above the village and watch the sun set over the ocean again? Will I ever sit under my Shaking Silver trees or hang bird nests in the olive tree again? Will I ever feast a group of laughing friends around a table in my red walled dining room again? Will I ever live here where the wind carries the smell of the sea? I just don't know. I want to come back here someday. The Castle will be here, waiting for me, by the sea.

The North has its own challenges. It'll be cold there, cold enough to wear all my nifty coats and jackets. I need new boots, too. I'll have to learn to deal with ice, and snow. I'll have to find my own place to make a new temporary home in. But my family will be there, and I will hopefully make new friends, and keep in touch with the old friends, and find new ways to live.

1 comment:

  1. you will! I love you and understand the feeling. No place like home, but there are some good ones in the meantime. xoxo The North needs you. xo Can't wait to go to lunch and play with Baby D and you.

    ReplyDelete