Tuesday, January 27, 2015

walkies

I love my dog…. but I love my bed. But I love my dog more.

She needs walkies. I treasure our walkies together. But but butbutbut…. BED. Augh I did not get enough sleep. 
Come, fluffy cute thing, we shall walk together. 
And so you know what I mean, this is the dog in question:
I mean how could you not want to play with her forever?
Maddie is a 15 yr old American Eskimo Dog, which is a German breed formerly known as Spitz. Their name got changed when we went to war with Germany. The breed has less than nothing to do with the Inuit people.
She is 15, yes. Years, not months. Her breed looks like a Samoyed puppy their whole lives. It’s stinking adorable.


Her closest relatives are the other Spitz dogs of NW Europe, like the Pomeranian, the Schipperke, the Finnish Spitz and the Samoyed. If you’ve ever wanted a Husky/sled dog breed, but do not want 80 + lbs of powerful adult sled dog, the Eskie is a good bet. Just be ready for being very firmly The Boss of The Dog or they will turn into a nasty lil’ tyrant, and for OH CRAP THAT’S A LOT OF FUR. 

No comments:

Post a Comment