Saturday, May 24, 2014

Autism Does Not Make Murderers

Another man has gone on another killing spree, and several news groups are already trying to hint or say that he was autistic and that contributed to his violent crime.

WRONG. Autistics are incredibly likely to be the victims of violence, and I have never met an autistic past the age of 20 who has not been bullied by peers and authority figures as well as verbally, emotionally, or physically attacked/abused. But in spite of this, I have also never met another autistic person with any violent tendencies. Autistic people are usually the victims of violence, not the perpetrators. Whether or not this sick criminal was on the autistic spectrum, Autism Doesn't Make Murderers. 


He's a misogynist "punishing" women for not having sex with him, because he is a "Perfect Guy". (I've never met anyone autistic this delusional, either- we're usually pretty big on down-to-earth, logical thought.)
Actual words of the killer in a video he made of himself: " It’s not fair. You girls have never been attracted to me. I don’t know why you girls aren’t attracted to me, but I will punish you all for it. It’s an injustice, a crime, because I don’t know what you don’t see in me. I’m the perfect guy, and yet you throw yourselves at all these obnoxious men instead of me — the supreme gentleman. I will punish all of you for it."
These are the words of a perverse and unstable mind. That has nothing to do with Autism.

No comments:

Post a Comment